Frontier Networks is adding Network and Voice Support staff (Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3).
You are a high energy, fun, organized, hardworking and articulate person who would like to pursue a role within Frontier Networks Inc.
Customer support is important to us. We take every client, large and small, seriously. We have a sophisticated ticketing system and a Network Operations Centre (NOC). You would be a vital part of that team.
Your day-to-day would require you to provide technical support to our customers for various system and service level undertakings where you will be needed to resolve customer issues.
What you’ll do…
At Frontier Networks you will work leading people and technologies and will learn more about the latest technology advancements, including core networking and voice than at any other company in Canada.
At Frontier you will advance your knowledge and expertise in support, design, and engineering while providing support, design and installation services to customers, partners, and internal users.
Who You Are…
Here is the quick shopping list:
- Knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and an understanding of the associated interworking.
- Interface with Vendors (both equipment and carrier) to resolve complex or system issues on behalf of clients.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Able to legally live and work in Canada (without a work permit support or sponsorship)
- Enrolled in or already have Cisco CCNP/CCIP/CCDA or Juniper’s JCNP certification
- Familiar with Juniper’s JunOS Operating system
- Familiar with LINUX and UNIX commands
- Knowledgeable with hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages
- Comfortable providing user support on data networking, broadband services, and security products
- Ready to take on some “On-Call” responsibilities for some after-hours work when needed
- Knowledgeable of Network Maintenance, Network Windows, and Migrations
- Organized and can manage Projects, New customer turn-ups, Installations and field upgrades
Technical Requirements for this Role:
- Ip address allocations and maintenance
- BGP / MPLS Designs and Setup
- Network Design
- VPN/IPSEC setup and administration
- Voice over IP configuration and administration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with switches, routers and firewalls (Cisco and Juniper)
- Routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP
- Layer 2 technologies such spanning-tree, VLANs, and WLANs.
- WAN and MAN technologies such as ADSL, EoC/TPIA, and Metro Ethernet.
- Security technologies such as IPSec VPNs, IDS/IPS, and Firewalls.
We have a strong shopping list, but we know what we want. We are committed to training you if you are junior and paying you well if you are senior.
At Frontier, we help you develop the skills that you will need to become leading industry talent.
In each of the required functions we define our staff as:
- A) Novice
- B) Intermediate
- C) Expert
Compensation and growth in Frontier are linked to these measurements.
No one person can know it all, but in time and with the right mentoring, you will.
You can be a recent graduate in the top of your class or a graduate with your Computer, Software or Network Engineering; Information Technology; Management Information Systems or Computer Science diploma or degree in hand with some relevant work experience.
We do four things.
Broadband, we provide Internet and Private Network connections across the country and around the world using any network access type and at any speed. We do this via our ‘network of networks’ that connect with every last mile provider in Canada spanning all access types from ADSL, VDSL, Coaxial, Fibre, and Wireless.
Voice, we provide innovative SIP-based phone lines or a cloud-based phone system to replace an aging premise based phone system (and vendor). We do this with our innovative set of switches and software to create a large ‘high availability’ call fabric.
Colocation, we provide spaces where our customers can place their IT equipment.
Servers, we offer a range of required IT services for each of our clients and our internal needs. These would range from an assortment of servers, desktops, storage and operating systems.
Where are we?
Our office is located at 530 Kipling Avenue (QEW and Kipling) in Trendy South Etobicoke just far enough from the hustle, noise and expense of the downtown core. We have easy access to both the Kipling Subway station and Lakeshore Line. Parking is free at Frontier.
What is important to us…?
We are passionate about what we do. We take quality and customer support seriously, and our culture makes us one of the more fun and exciting places to work.
At Frontier, we surround ourselves with like-minded people. We are leaders, techs, geeks, hard workers, team players, as well as company team baseball players. We enjoy technology and enjoy working with people who like to break things and put them back together again.